Quentin Tarantino, at the beginning of his career, swore to direct a total of 10 movies in his lifetime. After directing outstanding and award-winning movies like Oscar-winning Pulp Fiction, then Kill Bill franchise, Django Unchained, and other remaining masterpieces now came up with one more addition in the plate. The 9th movie, Once Upon a Time in Hollywood stars Leonardo DiCaprio, Brad Pitt, and Margot Robbie in lead roles, and was also eagerly awaited by fans all over the world.
Here are 10 reasons why you should give this movie a watch.
- The bond between Leo and Brad’s character doesn’t seem like acting but so real.
- The splendid performance by both the lead actors, Oscar-worthy, I say.
- Tarantino direction and the dialogue delivery of each actor is to go for.
- The scene where Bruce and Cliff Booth (Brad Pit’s character) went into an argument is funny and leaves you wanting for more. We all know that Cliff can never defeat Bruce Lee if he even met, but it was to show Brad’s character more macho and hit right on spot for Tarantino.
- The weirdest hippies you have ever spotted are there in the movie and seem like there is going to be an era of Hippies next.
- Leonardo is playing the character of Rick Dalton, who had big fanbase a decade ego because of his hit network show called ‘The Bounty Hunter’, where he played a cowboy and in the current scenario, Rick is struggling at present to become even the part of Hollywood. Rick Dalton is sensitive, Rick Dalton cries in simple situations and gets scared with even using a flame thrower in the beginning, whereas on the contrary, he plays a badass villain on the screen. The transition of the character from Reel to Real shows Leo’s capability as an actor.
- Trudi, played by Julia Butters, an 8 years old girl is nothing but charming. One of the scenes where she is consoling Leo’s character, with the maturity she is trying to display in her, is extraordinary.
- The subtle acting by Margot Robbie and her easy-going character.
- The soundtrack is outstanding, aptly put in every scene, you really wish to be part of those drives with that music on.
- The climax is so unexpected which is a mixture of thrill, humor, suspense, violence and makes every penny worth you spent on the movie.
For me, the best thing about this movie was Brad Pitt. I believe it was his best performance so far and has outdone everyone in this movie. His character has this composite behavior in situations where being
There was also the downside of movies like-
- Not being able to create a focus on characters, and moving from past to present, and then leaving you confused in some scenes.
- If you are not a fan of Tarantino’s work then you will have a tough time watching this movie, and grabbing the style, as I watched some people leaving in mid of the movie from the theatre during the show.
- I don’t think this is the best work by Tarantino and has done better than that in the past with his other movies.
Even if there are a few cons, this movie is still a part of different cinema, which we don’t have a chance to experience easily and thus definitely reliable to give a shot.
Image source: Google